Friday

Over the last week i have been working on my designs for Indigo, i have been inspired by blue prints for old buildings. This is the style of drawing that i have been working with. I like structured line drawings, and feel that this is a strong style for me to work with and develop.

After creating quite a few drawings like this I have started to experiment with placement prints. These are two examples of the style of print that i have been thinking about.

After looking at my print designs i have decided that i want to develop them further. Instead of just designing print designs i have decided to look more at the shapes within the designs and make them into different techniques e.g. certain lines that have been drawn could become pleats, and dots that have been drawn could become beading etc. This makes the work much more experimental, therefore i am much more likely to learn and develop as a student, therefore my work will benefit from this.